The Minerals, Metals and Materials Society (TMS) hosted the third installment of the IRTC roundtable at the TMS 2019 Annual Meeting & Exhibition. The topic was “How Does Industry Manage Criticality in Product Development?” All TMS 2019 registrants were invited to attend this roundtable session and participate in the discussion.
The IRTC project aims to advance the research in criticality assessment, foster international exchange and education in the topic, identify common ground and differences, and raise awareness towards materials criticality, especially in industry. It will also lay the cornerstone for a long-lasting international network. The following speakers informed about the topic from their perspective:
- Prof. Roderick Eggert, Colorado School of Mines and the Critical Materials Institute, USA
- Prof. Nikolaos Michailidis, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Dr. Christina Meskers, Umicore, Belgium
- Prof. Atsufumi Hirohata, University of York, GB
- Dr. Min-Ha Lee, Korea Institute of Industrial Technology (KITECH)
- Prof. Armin Reller, ESM Foundation, Switzerland, and University of Augsburg, Germany
- Prof. David Jarvis, HIPTec AS
- Prof. Steven Young, University of Waterloo
- Dr. James Goddin, Granta Design Ltd.
The project was coordinated by ESM Foundation, Switzerland, and co-sponsored by the Federation of European Materials Societies.