ESM (the German acronym stands for development fund for rare metals) is a Swiss Foundation in the domain of rare metals. Our projects in Switzerland and abroad deal with supply security and a more sustainable management of critical raw materials. ESM operates in a broad scientific, industrial and political environment in Switzerland and Europe.
As project collaborator, you will work closely together with the Foundation’s management. You will manage subtasks, write texts, support with project proposals, reporting and finance, and communicate with project partners worldwide. You will also be responsible for website and social media presence.
Your main tasks will be:
- Responsibility for the planning, execution and evaluation of an exhibition project on the sustainability of raw materials for electromobility
- Communication and maintaining cooperation with different actors in Switzerland and abroad
- Maintaining website and social media
- Supporting the projects of the Foundation on European and international level
- Active contribution to strategic discussions
- Master or equivalent qualification in a relevant field, such as economy, environmental studies, geology or materials sciences
- Previous education or work experience in the field of (critical) resources
- Experience in project management, ideally on a European level
- Experience with websites and social media
- Interest in technological change and sustainability issues
- Excellent written and oral skills in English and German
- Good expertise in Word, Excel, PowerPoint; knowledge in project management tools is a plus
- Motivated, flexible and resilient
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness to occasional travels within Europe
- Work in a topical and relevant field
- Diverse tasks with the possibility to actively contribute
- Dynamic and pleasant workplace in the old town of Bern
- Workplace in central Bern with flexible working hours
- Room for creativity and openness for ideas
- Broad network and direct cooperation with our project partners worldwide
Start of work: March 2020 or as agreed otherwise
Please send your complete application by January, 5, 2020, to Mr Andri Abbühl: email@example.com.
For further questions, please also consult with Mr. Abbühl.